Sunday, November 23, 2008

Giving to the Circle

I checked my email one afternoon and this is an email I received from Clyde that he had forwarded to me from Crystal.. I would like for the StalkerClan to know what a wonderful person Crystal is.  I hope that she knows there will be a big jewel in her crown!

 

hey uncle clyde,

I don't have Aunt Michelle's email, but I was thinking about the poverty stricken children that she teaches, and I was wondering if she could send us a wish list; or at least the wish lists for the most needy children. Or else, let me know what she needs for the class (canned goods? Clothing (what size)? Sweaters? Blankets for nap time? Blankets to send home with the kids? Brushes? Tooth Brushes?)

We would really like to start steadily sending care packages, and we thought she might give us a good idea of what we could send.

Love you,
Crystal

 

Dear Santa Crystal

I write this email with tears in my eyes over the kindness you're willing to show to children you don't even know.  I really appreciate the kindness that you are willing to share in the blessing of providing a few needed things for my class.

Most of my children this year are really ok, but like in all classes I have one or two that needs help.  I have 3 girls that may need some thing for Christmas.

I have went to other parents of previous girls in my class and begged some girl clothes for them to have.  I think I am going to have enough clothes to put 3 outfits a piece in their backpacks to send home, Also, I got donated a good heavy winter coat.

Would you want me to take those girls to the side and ask them what they would like for Christmas?

Or would you like to just send some girls underwear, socks, shoes? or what do you want to do ANYTHING would help

Thank you

Michelle

 


You know, I've been thinking a lot lately about my life and what I have to show for it so far (as far as what I've done to help anyone).  I was wondering if , when I die, I will be asked "So, what have you done to help the world?" and what will I say? I have nothing to say right now, because I've been so wrapped up in stupid personal or professional goals that I haven't really seen the forest for the trees.

Anyway, it would really bring us a lot of joy to be able to help some of the little kids who might not be as fortunate as others. Yes, please ask the little girls what they would like for Christmas, and also let us know what sizes they wear so we can also send some necessities.

Love you!
Crystal

 

 

I really will... I will take them aside and ask them what they would like for Christmas, and I may have to make a home visit after school and take it to them. I will let you know really soon so that you can be on the look.

One of the little girls is the one I wrote that story about that wanted the pin that said WORLDS BEST MOM, I think she may have a very slim Christmas this year. I got her a backpack so that she can take her food rations home on Friday that the school provides before then she didn't have no way of packing them home for the weekend. ( She is one of the kids that the school feeds over the weekends).

Thank you so much
Love to all

Michelle

 


I think a lot of people are waiting for ways to give back, but just aren't sure of where to start. I know that's how I've felt for a while now.

I think if you will allow, this will become a part of our lives. It breaks my heart to hear that there are little children who need food rations for the weekends. Jesse & I were talking, and we would like to help out regularly if we can with items that your children need. Maybe even once a month, you just send us a list of things (if it's extra food rations, underwear, coats, shoes or socks, or even things that you need for your classroom). God has blessed us with a healthy family and food on the table, so the least we can do is try to start giving what we can to help these little children.

Let me know their clothing sizes and stuff like that. If they need winter coats (or winter clothes in general), let us know now. We won't wait until Christmas for the necessities.
I also work with many people who would be interested in giving as well. Maybe this can even expand into other classrooms if we get enough people involved.

Love you,
Crystal

 

 

I sure will let you know Monday, I will get the children to write their letters to Santa Claus, and see what they want for Christmas. but the big items are the socks, underwear, undershirts for the winter toboggans and mittens ( gloves are awful for kids trying to get their fingers in the holes) .

I can easily slip a pack of sock and underwear in their backpacks and jogging suits they make for good pajamas as well as an outfit they can wear to school. Jogging suits server double duty. Also, baby shampoo for bathing. I am so exited about this. I don't want to take advantage but I am really anxious to put little gifts from Cason in their backpacks.

I read a book once that said "Life is a circle.. what you give out will come back to you"

Thanks Crystal and Jesse for giving to the circle... it will come back to you.

 

Crystal sent 3 winter coats, jogging suits, mittens and gloves.  My assistant said, "Why don’t you see if one of the girls here at work, whose husband got laid off from his job, would need a coat for her little girl?" ( She is in my class as well.)

I said, “Ok, I will ask her if she would like to come to the room and look through the coats, mittens, and the bag of clothes that I got donated." 

She came and was so thrilled!  She said, “I didn’t know what I was going to do about her a coat this winter.  She has outgrown her one from last year.” I was took aback, I was thinking she had what she needed but she really didn’t.  It just showed me that you never know who needs help!

God has Blessed the StalkerClan.  May he continue to do so for many years to come!

Michelle

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is what Christmas is really about. My heart just aches to see the condition a lot of children live in. God has truly blessed our family. Michelle let me know if you can think of anything else they need. I will be on the look out for what ever they need.
Crystal I love you!

Anonymous said...

Carlos said he will donate three toboggans that he got on the Santa Train last year; and some toys he got from the Santa Train this year.

Anonymous said...

What a touching thing. Crystal has a huge heart and i am proud to be her sister. Thank you, Crystal for being such an inpsiration. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I donate alot of stuff to Michelle's classroom every year for the last five years counting this one.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Aunt Meaner was my inspiration. Aunt Michelle told me how much she does, and every year I see how much she gives (all of us!!). Thank you, Aunt Sherry, for all that you do for all of us!! I don't think I've had to buy toothpaste or deoderant for years now! I think about how giving you are all the time!
I love you, Aunt Meaner! Thanks for inspiring us all to give!!
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

BLANKLET SLEEPERS

I want you all to know that blanket sleepers is the best idea gift to give needy children. I bought one last year at the Goodwell in Pikeville and paid $3 for it. It was one that would fix a 12 year old or something like that. I send it to my sponsored child and she wrote me back saying that was her favorite gift. She said that it will keep her warm at night.

I bought another one this year for half price, $1.50 it looked similar to the other one expect its green instead of red. I buy everyone I fine that I know will get used. I am planning on sending it to her the day after Thanksgiving if nothing delates me.