Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wedding Thoughts

I thought I might share a few of my thoughts and some more of my photos from Shawn and Jennifer's Wedding.


I thought I was gone for sure when Luci came at me with that huge pin to attach those little flowers to my lapel.   My life flashed before my eyes.  Grade school, high school and college all passed by in a split second.  I re-lived that horrific Ski Biscuit Incident in slow motion in my mind however.  It was at that instant someone took our picture...

Ohhhh, I'm Hurt! 
Wait a minute, I'm not in the water.


 

I thought it was cute how Jennifer's little cousin (the one who said, "Shawn, you're so lucky!  We didn't think she was ever going to get married.") was right there beside her through the whole thing.  Making sure it was really happening, I guess.

Dang, I didn't think I would ever see this. 


 

I thought  Jim was so hungry he was eating his little flowers when I first saw him in the Reception Hall.  It was just the camera angle though.

You can have mine Jim, 
but they've got blood all over them.


 

I thought we would really see something creative and funny when I saw the whole Coffey-Spickler brain-trust gather to decorate Shawn's car.

OK guys, what are we gonna do?

I thought "Duh!" when I saw what they came up with.

Yeah, that's a good one. Let's do that.  
Who knows how to spell MARRIED? 

 


I thought when it was all said and done, that I had never seen a wedding, or a married couple, for whom Bobble-Head Wedding Cake Toppers were more appropriate.

What have I gotten myself into?

Just a few thoughts from
Uncle Clyde

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The problem was the brain trust just couldn't agree on an appropriate surprise for the happy couple. Some of us thought it would be good to hide a mother or aunt in the back seat to pop up half way to the honeymoon location. Others were afraid of the legal liability for any injuries or damages that might ensue. For some reason there was a state wide shortage of "fart in a can" so that idea didn't work out. The use of explosives was precluded by restrictions imposed due to the drought. With all those limitations "Just Married" was all that was left. The bobble head dolls were really cute.

Anonymous said...

Shawn said they were not going to open presents but I asked them to open mine so I could see if they liked them I think the bobblehead dolls went over better than the money and the bread and butter pickles.

Anonymous said...

I think Aunt Meaner could have at least loaded the car down with femin-m's and toothpaste. You can never have enough of those you know.

Anonymous said...

What a great day for the Bride and Groom! Sure wish we could have been there. We missed out on a lot.
Come visit soon. Blueberry season is the end of may and the First of June.