Wednesday, November 19, 2008

EVERY HEN IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM

On their way back to the feeding ground to eat their afternoon feedings. Jeffery Hen thought the unusual movement might be another egg. "Crystal Fawn won't be a year old till next month," she said to herself.

Jeffery Hen thought she better play it safe and go and find some egg shell and some crushed gravel just to be sure of it. When she got to the place where the stuff was usually kept, several hens were already there trying to get the same stuff she come to get.

Patricia Hen said, "I had this feeling inside me right here and I thought it felt like an egg or something."

Jeffery Hen said, "I had the same thing. I came here just to make sure."

Vicki Hen said, "It seems like all of the hens around here are having this feeling."

Henriette left the triples with Henry and came around and said, "I all of the sudden, had this feeling inside of me."

Before long all of the hens in the community wanted to know what was going on inside of them. The elder hen came around wanting to know what was happening.

Jeffery Hen said, "Everybody seems to have some kind of feeling inside of them that puts them in mind of an egg."

The elder hen said, "It was those seeds those roosters brought to the picking ground yesterday. The ones that everybody liked. I am sure you all got to eat some of them. This happened to me and all of the other hens when they brought them in the last time. All of us thought we were with egg also."

Jeffery Hen said, "Just to come right down to just thinking about it, I don't remember the last time anybody has had an egg."

All of the hens gathered around thinking this was kindly strange.

Patricia Hen said, "The last egg laid was the one we just visited. I don't know anybody that laid an egg in almost a year now. What could be going on here?"

The elder hen said, "We will just have to wait and see."

2 comments:

Clyde said...

Whew, that's a relief! I thought it was about time for "The Bad Seed" (Amber) to be hatching. Turns out it was just some bad seed the hens ate.

Anonymous said...

I love the hen tales!! They are a trip down memory lane, only in the poltry relm now,