Saturday, November 22, 2008

Political Ambitions

Michelle called me a couple of nights ago and said that Jeremy had gotten involved in politics.   He is running for Senator from the State of Kansas.  (I don't know how he is getting around the residency requirement.)   Michelle said the centerpiece of his campaign platform was going to be the development of renewable energy, in the form of wind farms, across the state.  She asked if I could 'Photoshop' a picture of Jeremy standing in front of a wind farm that he could use in a campaign poster. 

Of course I immediately denied ever photoshopping any photographs.  I may have occasionally adjusted the brightness or contrast of an old photograph before putting it on the StalkerClan but I would never fabricate or somehow falsify a photograph.   She sounded desperate so I told her I would see what I could find.

I dug through my collection of Schell Family photos for an hour or two.  After about 500 photos of Jeremy wrestling with Justin, or holding up rabbit ears behind one of his parents, I found  a photo I thought might work.  I 'tweaked' it just a little and it came out something like this...

I thought it looked pretty good so I emailed it to Michelle.  She called me back a little later all upset,  "Oh no, that will never work!  He looks too SHIFTY in that photo.  We will have to start all over.  I'll take a new photograph of him and email it to you."

I have to agree, he does have that Richard Nixon, 'I am not a crook'  look on his face.  But hey, Nixon made it all the way to the White House.  I'm afraid this new political campaign may be worse than the one that just ended.

Clyde

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His campaign motto could be
-He'll "wrestle" down high energy costs.
Then you can use one of those wrestling pictures.

Anonymous said...

If you have ever been around Jeremy and Jut you know what Jeremy in looking at in this picture. He is keeping and eye out for Jut to come around the corner and let him have it. They sure do have fun together. Kinda reminds me of our younger days when Mom would go to town and leave us in Luci's care. We sure did go at it. Those were the good old days. We just didn't know it.