Sunday, November 23, 2008

THE SANTA TRAIN

I thought the Santa Train will be running around 8:20 like it did in the past. Yesterday morning they got me up around 6:45.  I got my clothes on and went into the kitchen and fixed myself a bowl of cereal.  I told Dad to watch the channel 9 station to make sure it was the right time.

I got finished eating my cereal and went into Carlos' bedroom and looked for the paper that had the article about it coming.  I found it and found out that it was going to be in Elkhorn City at 7:30 and depart at 7:45.  I looked at the clock and it was already 7:15. I said, "Carlos, that Santa Train is going to be there at 7:30.  Better get going."  We got going and on our way there we saw the Santa Train on the railroad across the river.

Quick as I got up there I let Carlos out and he ran as quick as he could. The train just had got there. I hit it lucky, I found a parking space close by. I took the bag Carlos left for me to take with me when I left the car.

I got out there just about 30 seconds before they started tossing out the toys and candy. I caught a Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz doll, and picked up some stuff from the ground, which was mostly cereal.

Carlos got a baseball cap with the number 24 on it and the signature that looks like Jeff Gordon on it, a pair of booties, a mouse dressed like an elf, a big sized Ty ladybug and a snowman. He also got a lot of sweet stuff.

Who do you think Carlos is going to give these things to for Christmas?

Sherry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carlos looks like an innocent little child asking Santa for a toy. Was this taken this year? or a previous year?

Anonymous said...

Carlos is so sweet! I miss him. What a neat experience to have with him, Aunt Meaner!! You are a good mom to make sure he gets there on time every year. Love you both.

Clyde said...

CLICK the link to watch WYMT's news report about the SANTA TRAIN 2008.