Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Compound at Wades Mill

Conversations with Shawn and Jennifer

I called my once a month call to Shawn to see how they were doing, what was going on, and if they were nervous about the upcoming wedding. I talked to Shawn and he told me they had rented a nice home in Lexington and were moving stuff in and trying to get it ready to move into. He said Jennifer was living there, now that they had it pretty well ready to go. They both were really tickled. I talked to Shawn about 15 minutes and then I asked to talk to Jennifer. The conversation went like this:

Me: How are you Jenn, are you getting nervous?

Jenn: No, I just wish it were October 26th. (laughing)

Me: How to do you like the new home?

Jenn: Love it!

Me: Well, you need to have a place to live and get your breath before you start working on a new house.

Jenn: Yes, we are still working on what we want to do on Wades Mill.

Me: Well, enjoy this year before your mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law move in with you. (laughing)

Jenn: Well, Shawn has promised me a stress free first year of marriage before moving me into the compound at Wades Mill. (laughing)

Jenn and I had a good laugh. But I have to say, I had this visual of a cult out there in Wades Mill, with a big house in the middle and all these little houses and trailers surrounding it. LOL.

Wades Mill in the year 2010.

I can see a little house for Sherry, a trailer for Carlos, a house for Mom and Dad, a little house for Luci and a big Garage for Chris to live in, with an apartment on top! I can see a small trailer for Ted, Sugar and Bert, and Shawn and Jennifer could live in the big house in the middle of the compound. I am sure Shawn will want to put razor wire around the top of the fence that surrounds the compound.

Hey, me and Jim may move into the compound when we retire. Hey Clyde, do you and Jennie want a spot for a small house or trailer?

email from Michelle

5 comments:

Clyde said...

Thanks for the Invite

Thanks for inviting me and Jennie into the compound Michelle. Actually, we are thinking about moving west when Jennie retires. Phoenix, Arizona is looking better and better all the time. The weather there is supposed to be good for my health. Yeah, that's the reason, good weather.

Anonymous said...

If you do move to Arizona, I will pray for your safty on the Highway each time you travel back and forth to fix the pill boxes and to bring Dad down for a visit. That poor old tree legged mule is going to be in for some real work then.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Bert trying to jump out of the razor wire. I have the vision, I just wonder if Shawn and Jennifer share the same one?

Anonymous said...

I have tried to talk Shawn into building a couple of the 4plexes like the retirement homes they have here where I live. They are like duplexes but with four units instead of 2. Everything is one one level and they are designed for the elderly. With 2 of them we could just about accomodate the whole Clan.

Anonymous said...

Is the razor wire to keep folks and varmits in or out. I'm not sure. Which ever side Bert is on "In or Out" I have to make sure I am on the other side.