Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm a UOG

This is a conversation I had with Jennie recently...


Me:          Hey, I was reading this article in the paper and it turns out I'm a UOG.

Jennie: You're a  'You-Oh-Gee".  What is the world is that?  Wait a minute, let me guess,
                    I bet it stands for Ugly Old Geek.

Me:          No, and I resemble that remark.  I'll give you a hint, Ted Potter is a UOG too.

Jennie:  Oh, it must be a club.  Useless Ornery Geezers maybe?

Me:           No, No, No!  One last hint, it has to do with Shawn and Jennifer's wedding.

Jennie:  Well then, it must mean Unwelcome Obscene Guest.   Is that right?

Me:           That might be true but that isn't what I meant.  I'm an Uncle of the Groom
                   
a UOG.


OMG, this makes them MY relatives too.I had to show her the article that talked about weddings and how the Mother of the Bride is referred to as the MOB

Since Sherry is the Mother of the Groom, I guess that makes her the MOG.   Carlos would be a Brother of the Groom, a BOG

Hey, Chris and Pat are  Cousins of the Groom so they would be COGs, you know, cogs like gears.    Gee, I guess that means Jennifer's cousins would be COBs, like corn...uhhh, nevermind.

This wedding is going to be fun.  I can feel it already.

Clyde


 

FACT CHECKER:
Like the political coverage on TV a little fact checking on the above story reveals:

  • Did the conversation quoted above actually occur? 
NO -   If it had Jennie's guesses would have been much more colorful.  They would have included some combination of words like Unclean, Unwashed, Unsanitary, Uncivilized, Uncouth, Odorous, Over-Eating, Glutton,  and GiantPainInTheButt.
  • Was there really a newspaper article that referred to the Mother of the Bride as the MOB?
YES - That is the one grain of truth in the entire story.
  • Is this nonsense a sign that Clyde is out of stories to post again?
YES - When you all don't provide me with stories my mind wanders and nonsense like this is what results.  You need to send me something soon.  I would appreciate it.  Shawn and Jennifer might appreciate it more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he is trying to take over my conversations story. I guess I am a AOG.

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh even harder with this one. Jennie knows just how to discribe Clyde's side of the family. Now I would think AOG would mean: (Never mind. I searched the dictionary for a nice word that starts with o and there is no such word. I am simply doomed to be an Absent Old Gal.) Sorry Shawn and Jennifer. (Icould have written up three Stalker Clan stories in the time I spent looking for a good o work. Clyde this is all your fault. Story putting brain teasers on the Clan. They drive my brain crazy.