Monday, October 13, 2008

Sorry Dude

 Amber called me and told me this story about Caleb and Eli.  I almost cried and laughed at the same time.


Caleb and Eli are in the same room.  Because the are both Austin's little brothers they share a common bond and have become best friends. 

Brothers

This has caused many problems for them at school.  They love to wrestle and talk to each other every chance they get. They try to sit next to each other each day at lunch time.  Caleb was telling Amber how he always shares his food with Eli.  Amber will sometimes send extra money to school with Caleb so he can buy himself an ice cream at lunch time.  He was sharing his ice cream with Eli because Eli never had money for ice cream.

When Amber heard about the 'sharing of food', her motherly side kicked in and she gave Caleb the 'never eat after anyone' talk and stressed it to the limits.  He had better not be eating after anyone. That is how you get germs and get sick.

Caleb took all of this in and when lunch time came, he purchased his ice cream and sat down next to Eli. As soon as he announced to Eli that he could no longer share with him, Eli started crying. Caleb was very upset.  His heart was broken because he could not share with his best friend.

That evening when he told his mother what had happened she felt terrible. She told him not to worry. From now on if she sent money for Caleb an ice cream, she would also send some for Eli one too.  This made Caleb happy.  He asked his mom if he could call Eli.

Caleb:   Hey Dude. It's me, Caleb. I just wanted to tell that you can't cry at school anymore.  Dude, you almost made me cry, and that would not be cool for me to cry at school.  So Dude, don't worry about it. My mom is going to send money so you can have an ice cream too.  Okay Dude?  Are we cool now Dude?  No more crying at school Dude.  Okay Dude, I'll see you tomorrow Dude.


This has to be one of the most touching stories I have ever heard.  That Caleb has a huge heart in him!  He not only obeyed his Mom, he had such compassion for his best friend. 

Best Friends

He is a really good kid.  Grandmother is very proud of him.

Posted by Jeff

5 comments:

Clyde said...

What would a Stranger Think?

Looking over the StalkerClan today the thought occurred to me, "What would a total stranger who stumbled across the StalkerClan think of the stories here? This is kinda how I think it would go...

Sorry Dude
Oh, what a cute story! I've read stories like this in Readers Digest. This must be a Readers Digest kind of site. Maybe I'll bookmark it.

Nothing
They named this story right. Nothing is what I got out of it. I don't understand. Why would a woman say that her husband was nothing? Who is the strange looking woman with the big knot on her head? I'm missing something.

A Defining Birthday
Oh, another cute kid story...Whoa! Wait a minute. That's not Readers Digest material. Gee, that feller sure went to a lot of trouble to get revenge for a simple fart. And on a little kid to boot. I'm starting to wonder about these poeple.

Birthday in Detention
Poster boy for detention? It almost sounds like they are proud of it. What kind of people are raising these kids. They don't look so cute anymore.

Wedding Portrait Sales
If this site survives on advertising like this it isn't going to last long. Who in their right mind would spend good money on something like that.

Where's that bookmark? I need to delete it.

Anonymous said...

I love this story. It reminds me of Pat and the neighbor boy he was best friends with. They ended up in the same room one year. I found out that the teacher added a note to both their records to never let that happen again. I don't think they ever had a class together again all the way through highschool.

Anonymous said...

I bet it is a real wonderment when a stranger accidently gets on this site. I can see it now. A Stalker in California wants to type in his last name and see what comes up. Just like we have all done. And gets this site. Oh my. I bet it makes him run from the hills and not to them. Unless he or she has had enough Stalker blood trickel down their bood line to allow them to really enjoy this site. Then we can all fell sorry for them and welcome them in to the Clan. (We would know they are truly blood related.

Anonymous said...

Clyde, it would be nice, if under this screen you would write, To post a comment on this site, write you comment in the above box, click on the Name/URL and then enter your name. Then press Publish you comment. This might help some of our secret watchers learn HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT. It's okay. You guys can come out of the basement now. (that is were Staker hide)We won't write anything on here about you we would't write about ourselves. Do you feel better now?

Anonymous said...

Being a Preschool teacher I could never do the icecream thing because I dont believe that children need to know at that early of an age that there is a have and a have not societys. I make sure that each child has a drink at snack time and a snack to eat before they go home. Sad but true it may be all they have before they come back the next day.