Monday, October 27, 2008

School Nicknames

First, I have to preface this story by saying that, when he was smaller, Cason had quite a few ear infections and I think his hearing suffered a bit. He had difficulty saying certain names of kids at school. He called (and still calls out of habit) Julien by the name of "Tutalah" and Satvek is "Seget".

As we were leaving school the other day, I heard a kid yell, "Bye, Cason!". I said "Cason, who was that?"

He said "Tutalah". But then, he looked a little embarrassed and said "I mean, Julien".

I said, "Cason, it's OK to have nicknames for people. It's a really nice thing. Do you have a nickname?"

Cason paused and got kind of a stern look on his face. He said "Yeah, Cristos calls me a little baby!" Although this wasn't quite what I was referring to, I made out like it was the coolest nickname ever.

Don't treat me like a baby, Mom!
 Not in front of my friends.

email from Crystal

4 comments:

Clyde said...

Cason, listen to your Mom. I am sure she knows a lot about nicknames. After all, she started life as little 'Monk-Monk". I know I had some real good nicknames for her after the Ski Biscuit incident. Can you say Beelzebub?

Anonymous said...

I love the the little spiderman face painting. Cason is a big man now!~

Anonymous said...

Baby? No Way! My Cason is a big boy. He can sing every song his mother has played for him. He is a dancing machine to. He is such a good boy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this was from his magic show birthday party in August, where the most memorable part for the kids was the magic dove crapping on the floor when it flew out of the magic box. good use of $200 for sure.