Friday, October 31, 2008

The Scary Ghost

I remember back when Tracy and Crystal were in school,  Amber and Mindy Sue were still at home,  I would send Jeffery a big lot of coupons in all kinds of different shaped boxes.  I remember one time I wrote Jeffery a letter in one of them, telling her that I was going to send her girls a scary ghost.  Mother kept telling me that Jeffery would call her and tell her that her girls would come in from school wanting to know if they received the ghost I said I was going to send them.

I knew right away I had to do something fast. I sent Jeffery a box full of coupons and I wrote on the sides of it saying, "CAUTION, SCARY GHOST INSIDE."  I wrapped the package again so the mail carrier wouldn't get any ideas. When Jeffery received the package their surprise was... there wasn't no ghost inside.

The next package I sent Jeffery I put a Halloween card inside of it with a ghost on the front of it. I put some white lint inside of it that I got out of my dryer. I wrote inside of the card...

 Girls, your Aunt Meaner was going to be real mean to you all and send you all down there the scariest ghost you have ever seen. Well, on my way to the mailbox he emerged out of the box. I got into the biggest fight ever was with him. Each and every time I hit him my fist would always go through him. 

He looked at me with the saddest eyes and said, "I don't believe I can make the trip." So he ripped off a strip of his hemline and handed it to me and said, "Here send them this and they will believe you when you tell them you tried to send them the rest."

Well, here girls is the piece of hemline the ghost gave me. I'm sorry he isn't down there giving you all a hard time like I wanted him to do. If you put it in water it might turn into a baby ghost.

Later, I was on the phone with Jeffery asking her did she receive the package. She said, "Yes, we did. They did everything to that hemline, trying to get it to turn into a baby ghost. They even put it in the commode trying to get it to turn into a baby ghost. "

The Scary Ghost

I laughed about it. I thought this would be a good Halloween tale.

Sherry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes that is a good Halloween story. I'm sure the girls enjoyed the story in the card when they got it too.

Clyde said...

This picture didn't turn out the way I intended. I was trying to make Sherry into the Scary Ghost but she ended up looking more like a bird, a snowy owl maybe. The scariest thing in the picture is that grin on Crystal's face, it's the same one she had when she said, "Come on Uncle Clyde, ride the Ski Biscuit with me."

Anonymous said...

She looks a lot like one of the court room characters from the old English era. Here comes the Judge!
Here comes the Judge! Judge Meaner that is. Watch out for that Judge.

Anonymous said...

hahaha. That is a great halloween story.