Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Sincere Thanks

Luci and I have had conversations before about, "How do you give to people that really don't need anything you have to give?".  Being the youngest in the family I have this feeling quite a bit.  We were having this conversation and she said, " Well, I have often heard that if you have nothing more to give than a sincere, from the heart, word of thanks, it is the best gift to give."  So here is my best attempt to thank the people who have helped me  and my family this weekend:


I would like to thank Mom and Dad for staying healthy and strong to give me and my family the chance to know them.  As my boys grow bigger I hope they have good stories to tell and good memories about their Mamaw and Papaw Hambone.

I would also, like to thank Meaner for supplying me a look back at my past.  When she says I was spoiled and that no one could stand me, I try to think...

BOY... I WAS REALLY LOVED!


I would like to thank Carlos, for doing all the little things around the house that he never gets credit for.  He is constantly on the move for whatever Mom and Dad need.  Keeping the house running as good as it does is a major credit to Carlos' efforts.

I would also like to thank Jennie and Clyde, for never complaining when I call for a room for the night.  Jennie goes out of her way to make us feel welcome. She keeps all the balls up in the air so effortlessly,  I am amazed.  She keeps 3 men in check, runs a house, keeps a full time job and then can go when a friend calls for a trip.  I would like to thank Clyde for keeping an eye on the little Road Creek family.  I doubt if any of us would really know the hours and energy this job requires.

 

Me and My family really appreciated our wonderful visit with our family.  May God bless you all.

Posted by Michelle

3 comments:

Clyde said...

Seriously Stalker

I have put a couple of stories on the StalkerClan recently that I probably would have put on the SeriouslyLooney site before. This is one of them. The "Sorry Dude" story is the other. SeriouslyLooney is getting used so little anymore that I thought more people would see these stories on the StalkerClan.

I don't think I can do away with the SeriouslyLooney site totally. I need to transfer the stories that are there to someplace else first.

I know some of you don't 'log onto that SeriouslyLooney at work' and finding serious stories on the Stalkerclan may be something of a shock. For the time being though,I will probably post about everything to the StalkerClan.

So be prepared when you log on. It's like old Forrest Gump Stalker said, "The StalkerClan is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Anonymous said...

Looks like our little sis has gone sentimental on us. Thank you Michelle, Jim, Jeremy & Jut for spending your weekend to work on Mom and Dad's house. The new flooring really makes a difference. I know I can breathe better when I am up there now and I think Dad can too. The old house is looking so much better. Pat has had the stomach virus that has been going around. So far Shawn and I haven't come down with it. We're saying our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Little Sis, you sure know how to get the tears flowing. This was really nice. We do have a wonderful family. I am so proud of each and everyone of my family members.