Monday, October 27, 2008

Wedding Conversations

I have to say I was really taken with the wedding, I thought it was a beautiful FALL theme wedding and the decorations were beautiful.

Before the wedding Jim and I were in the reception hall talking and the conversation when like this:

Me:  This is so nice, the pumpkins as centerpieces on the table, and the little sprinkling of silk fall leaves are just beautiful.
Jim:  This is, it is a really nice Fall theme, everything looks so nice.
Me:  I wonder if they got those pumpkins from Ted's pumpkin patch, I know he has a lot this year.
Jim: Oh no, they've had a professional decorator come in here and do all the flowers and the arrangements,
Me:  Yes, I'm sure you're right.

Later on in the reception Luci and I had a conversation and it went like this:

Me:  This is so nice, the decorations and the fall theme of the pumpkins and the gourds in the windows.
Luci:  Yes, it is  very nice, they have been working on it for a while, I would say it has been a couple of weeks ago that they came out to the farm and loaded up Jennifer's truck with pumpkins and gourds from Ted's pumpkin patch.
Me:  Oh, you mean that they did the decorations from the farm.
Luci:  Oh yes, they came out and got all the pumpkin centerpieces and the little gourds in the windows.
Me:  I am blown away.  I was like Jim, I was sure they had a professional do it.
Luci:  No,  just Uncle Ted.
Me:  Yep, Uncle Ted to the rescue.  Now he can be called the wedding decorator.  He needs a sign that says 'Wedding Decorations by Uncle Ted'.

email from Michelle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wedding was just perfect. The decorations were natural looking. Not overdone. The ceremony was sincere - real - not just a script. Jennifer's dress was beautifully simple and suited her. And of course the Mother of the Groom looke especially sharp. The food was really good - (Everyone said it was the best wedding cake ever.) The guys looked great in their tuxes. Of course the best part was the smiles on Jennifer and Shawn's faces. They both looked so happy. It was absolutely the nicest wedding I have ever attended.

Clyde said...

I'm working on a post for tomorrow that will include some more photos. Check back each day this week for more wedding coverage.

Anonymous said...

THE BIG $250 WEDDING SAVING

I want to thank Ted for all of the pumpkins he gave to the newlyweds as a wedding gift. I am going to guess he saved them at least $250 in decoration expenses; including the gourds.

I have been wondering where all of the pumpkins went to cause I was visiting him last summer and he had a great big bunch of them in his garden. He said he would give me a load of them. I was told they didn't do good. I was fooled I didn't think about those pumpkins that was at the wedding was Ted's wedding gifts to them. Believe me those sure were alot of gifts he gave them. I am sure nobody else gave them that many gifts. Believe it or not pumpkins are very expensive this year. I wouldn't believe he would pass up the opperturnity of getting to make a forture on them.

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad now. Ted had to go and out do all of us with his wedding gift. Way to go Ted. So good friend you are. The rest of us just can't compete with the wedding decorator. All jokes aside, that was really sweet of you to do that for them.

Anonymous said...

Shawn and Jennifer had a lot of family and friend support at their wedding. In the end it is all you have is your family. Uncle Ted is a good Uncle to my family and to Nephew Shawn.