Saturday, October 4, 2008

Centerfold

I just recalled another incident that happened when we were at Michelle and Jim's for 'Stalker Days 2008'.  I stepped out of the house onto their big rear deck one morning.  Yes, that's the same big rear deck where I was set up to fall on my big rear deck.  Anyway, from up there I could see Ted,  Jim, Jeremy and Justin huddled up out in the yard.  I can't remember if Oliver was with them or not, but I don't think so.

At first they seemed to just be talking but after a few seconds I could tell they were passing around a magazine.  They were holding it up and looking at the centerfold.  Of course you know what I thought..."Hey, I better get out there and check that out."   I headed down the steps to the yard.

I hadn't reached the bottom of the steps when it occurred to me, "Wait a minute, Jeremy and especially Justin, are a little young to be looking at something like that."   It didn't surprise me that Ted was involved, he would show them just about anything.  But I was shocked that Jim would participate.

Imagine my shock when I got close enough to pick out bits and pieces of their conversation...

"Look at the curves on her."  "Check out those headlights."  "Yep, that's what ya call built for action."  "I'd sure like to climb on for a ride."

I didn't know what to think when I heard Justin do his best Austin Powers impression, "Yeaaah Baaaby!" 

I was reminding myself that I was in Laurel County, and just about anything can and does happen there, when I walked up to them.  Looking over Jeremy's shoulder I saw what had them all so aroused...

 


Turns out they had been 'talking tractor' the whole time.  I didn't know whether to be relieved ... or disappointed ... or what.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Justin really bonded with Ted on that visit. Jeremy said that Ted spoke his language. We started calling Ted the "Tractor Whisperer."

Anonymous said...

Ted and Chris came down to a tractor show at Renfro Valley, We had a great time with Chris he came to the house and spent the night with us. Chris is the true Tractor Whisper.

Anonymous said...

I really had to read this story twice. Two very distint thing almost fulled me and made me think it was and Aunt Meaner story.
#1 The line that read. "I can't remember if Oliver was there or not. That is a sure fire Meaner line if i ever heard one.
2. A Stalker Clan member running to see a dirty magazine.
Like I said. I had to give it a double take to make be sure who wrote it. I did enjoy it though. Randy's old girl doesn't look that good any more. One of her head lights is broken and her curves are rusty and worn out. She still runs though. I love to watch him mow on his International.